Our Little Jacob

This is a blog detailing the daily struggles of having a child with Spastic Quadriplegic Cerebral Palsy. My son is 1 of 2 surviving triplets. My son and his identical twin brother Logan who passed away at 6.5 months old had Twin to Twin Transfusion before they were born. They were delivered at 28 weeks to try and save all 3 of their lives. I have a hard time connecting with other parents raising children with severe disabilities so, I thought I would branch away from my other blog to blog just about my son and his special needs in hope of reaching out and supporting other moms dealing with similar issues.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Pacifier Bliss

Jacob has a new found love for the pacifier....I suppose he is getting over his oral aversion...next step will be to start trying liquids by mouth again. He has absolutely been totally and utterly addicted to the pacifier for a good 2 weeks now. It took me a while to figure out what all his fussiness was about. He was having these little fits even when the Moose was on TV. Then I noticed him rooting around like a baby with his tongue out like a newborn looking for food. I stuck the pacifier in, then he would get all excited giggles and start sucking. I tried month ago to tie a string around it to make him suck on one and he would gag, chock, and cry. Now I have to tie a string to keep it in his mouth, since he does not have have the best coordination to keep it in all the time. He sucks on it for hours a day now getting better and better at keeping it in without the string. NO I do not allow it to be in his mouth with the string when I am not in the room with him...or when he is in bed. He has gotten better about keeping his hand on it in his bed so it stays in though.

This new found love for the pacifier has given him hours of satisfaction. He is sleeping better and longer periods of time. He cries less (unless he has knocked it out of his mouth)...I'm sure later I will complain about his teeth :-P

Jacob and Moose A. Moose during nap time

No comments:

Post a Comment