Our Little Jacob

This is a blog detailing the daily struggles of having a child with Spastic Quadriplegic Cerebral Palsy. My son is 1 of 2 surviving triplets. My son and his identical twin brother Logan who passed away at 6.5 months old had Twin to Twin Transfusion before they were born. They were delivered at 28 weeks to try and save all 3 of their lives. I have a hard time connecting with other parents raising children with severe disabilities so, I thought I would branch away from my other blog to blog just about my son and his special needs in hope of reaching out and supporting other moms dealing with similar issues.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Drive Medical Seat2Go Small Vs. medium

For anyone out there like me that searches all over the Internet trying to find the best product for their child and are unsure of sizing I though I would take pictures of the 2 sizes of the Seat2Go while I have the chance. I recently bought the small size for my son who is 39inches and around 29lbs. As previous post show he was just about to tall for the small. So, I searched the Internet and found a medium NEW for 1/2 the price on Ebay. I was surprised how much wider the seat it, but not as tall as I thought it would be.

I also notice on the small older seat there is 2 straps that secure it to the chair 1 on the bottom 1 on the back. The bigger seat only has 1 on the back. The bigger size with the wider base looks like it could be a better floor sitter than the small. My son being a little top heavy in it was able to make himself fall sideways unless I tucked him into the corner of the sectional on the floor.

Sizing: The Small Seat2Go measures 8" inside WIDTH x 9" inside DEPTH x 12" inside HEIGHT, while the Medium Seat2Go is 12" inside WIDTH x 12" inside DEPTH x 14" inside HEIGHT. 

The new seat

Every brace he has except for thumb splints We were working on long sitting and stretching leg muscles

Taking a dip in Jacob's pool
He got really mad when brother and sister splashed him going down the slide


No comments:

Post a Comment